Aram Fingal <fin...@multifactorial.com> writes:
> I'm using the OS X precompiled binary from EnterpriseDB and want to add the
> tablefunc contrib module.  I haven't been able to find any documentation
> about how to do this or even whether modules can be added to this binary
> version.

Most packagers distribute all the contrib modules as a single lump ---
look around, you'll likely find it available from EDB.

> I suppose that it may be a good idea to export my databases and compile from
> source anyway.  I see that Postgres is running as a 32-bit application while
> I have a 64-bit machine and OS (OS X, Snow Leopard.)

Note that you will need a dump and reload to convert a database from
32-bit to 64-bit.  If you don't know that you are running into memory
restrictions, it may not be worth the trouble.

                        regards, tom lane