I installed v9.0 on my Mac Pro.  Dumped the 8.4 database using 'pg_dump -Fc -d
dbname --username=xyz > backup_file_name' using the pg_dump from the 8.4
installation.  I restored the database using 'pg_restore -d dbname
backup_file_name'  using the 9.0 restore and after creating a new database
under 9.0.  Under version 9.0 the database looks ok, but I had a lot of the
following errors (132) during the restore:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "xyz"
already exists ...
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  multiple primary
keys for ....
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates
unique constraint ...

I tried restoring the 8.4 restore file to a new 8.4 database and there were no
errors.  It almost looks like the schema already existed when I went to do the
restore, but I was careful to create the new database in the admin tool under
the correct server.  I thought the admin tool created the new database in the
data folder of the selected installation.  Any ideas on what might have
happened?  Thanks.