On 26 Oct 2010, at 11:39, Yan Cheng CHEOK wrote:

> Hello, I am deploying a database to customer PC, which will be only connected
> by local application.
>
> However, I realize once the PC is network connected, the connection take
> extremely long time (around 10 seconds)

That sounds suspiciously like the default timeout for DNS lookups.
What platform is this? Windows?
Is that machine able to look up localhost?

> May I know why this happen? I was wondering whether is there any workaround
> to overcome this?
>
> I connect the database using C++ code
>
> PQconnectdb("dbname = ProductionFactory user = postgres password = password");

Does it help any to add hostaddr = 127.0.0.1 to that string?

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4cc6a70710292409920920!