On 07/01/11 01:56, Benjie Buluran wrote:
Hi pgSQL peeps!

I’m stumped on this question for over 3 days now.

PERFORM dblink_exec('SELECT sp_insert_detailtable('|| pActivityId ||',
'|| pserialnumber ||')');

I’m using the DEBUG function in pgAdmin, and I keep getting the
“*statement returning results not allowed*” error in /PERFORM
dblink_exec('SELECT sp_insert_detailtable('|| pActivityId ||', '||
pserialnumber ||')');/ in this line.

A quick look at the docs for dblink_exec say "dblink_exec executes a command (that is, any SQL statement that doesn't return rows)". A SELECT statement returns rows. Zero rows are still rows. What happens if you just use dblink(...)?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/contrib-dblink-exec.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/contrib-dblink.html

--
  Richard Huxton