Hi Andy,

to a considerable extent I agree with you -- but the motivation exactly is not typical business apps, but *academic teaching* needing a demonstration platform for *non-standard* apps -- these guys are a DB chair, and I was optimistic there might be some projects here which might allow them to use PostgreSQL for that sake.

So I am meaning OO in a very broad sense.

All the best,

    Nick