On 16 Feb 2011, at 9:54, Alessandro Candini wrote:
>> Try the above on a single DB using 4 threads. It will very probably perform
>> better.
>> To use your example:
>> 5432 --->  150 million records
>> 5432 --->  150 million records
>> 5432 --->  150 million records
>> 5432 --->  150 million records
>>

> Excuse me but query must to be performed on the whole db...with your
> approach, how to merge results of every query in one single response?

You have several options there. You can limit the query results by adding
WHERE-clauses restricting each query to a particular set of data (partial
indices may help there). Or you can split the database across multiple
schema's, emulating the multi-database setup you have now. Or you can partition
your tables (across multiple tablespaces would probably be a good idea). Plenty
of options there.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4d5c16fc11737633677592!