On 02/20/2011 05:30 AM, deepak wrote:
Thanks for the information..

However, I'm still unable to figure how to do a clean build of
extensions on Windows using VS 2008.

To start with, the main contrib module doesn't seem to have a
nmake-compatible Makefile, and
I don't seem to find any project under 'contrib' which has a
Windows-compatible build..

build.pl parses the Makefile to determine the list of sources, etc. Essentially, your extension is built using the unix Makefile. Since you've already built Pg its self from sources you will have used build.pl to do it (right?) and it'll be easy for you to add the contrib module and re-run.

The downside of this approach is that build.pl isn't a complete Makefile parser, and is easily confused by anything but the most trivial Makefile syntax. I had problems when I was putting the crashdump module together because build.pl didn't understand ifndef .

--
Craig Ringer