I come from an Oracle background and I am fairly new to Postgres.  Oracle's
command line utility (SQL*Plus) uses an environment variable called SQLPATH to
search the given directories for SQL scripts that the user calls to execute
using a method similar to the \i meta-command in psql.  This allows users to
put SQL scripts in various directories and execute them no matter which
directory is there current working directory in psql.

Is there a similar environment variable that can be used with psql, or another
way to mimic this behavior?

Thanks,
Bobby