Hi Scott,

SM> Snip.  Those are ALL either AccessShareLock (which is very low level
SM> and non-blocking) or virtual tx locks, which again don't block
SM> anything but their own transaction.  Nothing there screams "locks!"
SM> for a better view of locks and how they're blocking things you can use
SM> the queries from here: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring

Thank you, I will try that. I am currently using Hibernate 3.2 as a
Database-Layer but with an older JDBC for 8.2, i will try updating
these components to more recent versions.

If the problem arises again i will hopefully be able to better
analyze, where the locking in my application occurs. It is in fact a
multi-threaded environment.

Best regards
Manuel