I do not understand what you mean by the term sluggish?

Every .NET driver has some overhead when you first load it, and then it is
being cached into memory.

I have used Npgsql and it worked great for me.

If you are not satisfied with Npgsql, try Devarts connector.
On Oct 2, 2011 5:33 AM, "Rohit Coder" <passionate_program...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> PgSQL has just one old NPGSQL driver for .NET, which is itself sluggish.
The ODBC driver works better as compared to NPGSQL, but I suspect the ODBC
driver is not the right choice for ORM framework of .NET.

> I want to know whether there is any efficient .NET provider and is PGSQL
compatible with the .NET entity framework.