Hi,

> Thanks for the replies,
>
> I have one question regarding this comment...
>
> "You also need to add a DEFAULT expression and optionally
> make the sequence owned by the column:"
>
> What difference does it make if a table "owns" a sequence of not?...does this
> contraint
> the use of the sequence to ONLY that one table?
>
> The sequence will only be used to auto-increment the id column in order to
> have an
> automatic primary key. Could I then somehow use the sequence for all tables
> which need this?
>
> yours,
>
> Rob

please, don't use top-posting. It messes up the order of the messages.

The sequenced that is OWNED BY a column can of course be used
by other columns in other tables. You can specify nextval('same sequence')
for any number of columns' default value.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Zoltán Böszörményi