On 10/11/11 12:42 PM, salah jubeh wrote:

Could someone point me, where I can find the difference between libpq 8.3 and 8.4, I have seen the new features of the 8.4, but I want to know about the API interface changes

open
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/libpq.html
and
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/libpq.html

side by side and compare each subchapter ?

I don't believe there are any API 'changes' that break backwards compatability, but new versions might add APIs (I can't recall any such between 8.3 and 8.4, however).