On 10/11/11 2:16 PM, J.V. wrote:
I need to be able to query for all primary keys and save the table name and the name of the primary key field into some structure that I can iterate through later.

How would I go about this? I want to hard code the number of tables and be able to iterate through some structure to get the table name and the primary key field.

that info is all in pg_catalog... pg_tables is a view of all tables... if you left join that with pg_index qualified by indisprimary, you'll probably get what you need. you'll probably need to join pg_namespace to get the index name from its oid.