On 11/18/11 11:55 AM, Gauthier, Dave wrote:

Hi:

How can I search on a csv list of values using "like" where each value is to be appended with a wildcarded string?

Example:

list = 'jo,mo,do,fo'

I want to pull all names from a table with name like.. 'jo*l%*' or 'mo*l%*' or'do*l%*' or 'so*l%*'

would match "jolly, molly, moleman,dollface, solarboy"

notice they all have the same "l%' wildcarded suffix.

I'm really not that lazy, just trying to keep this in a simgle query in order to minimize network hits which will reduce overall wallclock performance. This thing wil be running in a programming loop.

where field ~ '^(jo|mo|do|fo)'