From: Craig Ringer [mailto:ring...@ringerc.id.au]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 3:37 PM
To: Chan, Mamatha Kagathi
Cc: haram...@gmail.com; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration

On 12/07/2011 05:44 PM, mamatha_kagathi_c...@dell.com wrote:
> I am using postgres 9.0.4

I don't think you are, actually, I think you're using EnterpriseDB Postgres
Plus Advanced Server.

Please past the output of the "SELECT version();" command.

Here's what happens if you try "CREATE PROCEDURE" on PostgreSQL:

$ psql regress
psql (9.1.1)
Type "help" for help.

regress=> select version();
                                                    version
  PostgreSQL 9.1.1 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
4.6.1 20110824 (Red Hat 4.6.1-8), 64-bit
(1 row)

regress=> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test () RETURNS void AS $$ regress$> BEGIN
regress$>   RETURN;
regress$> END;
regress$> $$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "PROCEDURE"
LINE 1: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test () RETURNS void AS $$
                           ^

> I can actually use EXEC in psql which seem to be throwing some error in
> Craig's case.
That's because it seems you're not actually using PostgreSQL.

You need to contact EnterpriseDB technical support for assistance if you are
using EnterpriseDB. If it's another product, please specify.

--
Craig Ringer