Hello,

We have a large(ish) table that had a series of delete statements executed
against it (culling most of the rows in the table). This triggered a time
consuming autovacuum, which we allowed to run for 2+ days (and were planning to
allow to run to completion). However, it ended up getting cancelled
unexpectedly, and is now running once again. I have some questions:

1. My understanding is the autovacuum will block most (all?) DDL statements
executed on it, and pg will cancel it if a user requests a conflicting lock. I
don't believe either of these things occurred. Are there any other
circumstances that will cancel an autovacuum?
2. Is autovacuum incremental? Or, does it effectively roll back and start
fresh, having to redo all of the work of the last couple of days?

Thank you!

Andrew