Hello,

Disaster Recovery testing for Synchronous replication setup -

When the standby site is down, transactions at the production site started
hanging (this is after the successful setup of synchronous replication).

We changed synchronous_commit to 'local' to over-come this situation.

 - No transactions are hanging at the production site even when the standby
is down
 - Standby is automatically getting synced when it is back up again.

Can someone let us know if there are any "-ve" effects of putting
synchronous_commit='local' ??

I am assuming that this as good as putting "synchronous_commit=on" on an
stand-alone system.

We need to get this setup live on production shortly.

Thanks
VB