Hi,

to complement information from the previous message:

Dnia 29 lipca 2012 12:29 Marek Kielar <mkie...@go2.pl> napisał(a):

> Hi,
>

> Dnia 28 lipca 2012 1:10 Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
>
> > What where the deleted files?
> >    WAL, Logs, other?
>

> at this time - a couple days after restart, the clog hasn't re-formed yet.
> Thus, I am unable to tell you what files they were, we didn't pay that much
> attention to it then - there were some WAL files but I can't tell what the
> actual structure was. I'll provide this information whenever possible.

The clog has somewhat re-formed - the full listing of lsof (filtered for unique
files) for postmaster(s) on the database mount is here:
http://BillionUploads.com/ya9kjv78t9es/postmaster_files_sorted.csv.html

Consecutive commands were issued in a matter of minutes and differ slightly.

Some totals / aggregates:
df – /data      83 141 382 144
du – /data      29 170 365 801
lsof – /data    75 348 037 632
lsof – /data/base       74 975 969 280
lsof – /data/base (deleted)     53 769 936 896
lsof – /data/pg_xlog    369 098 752
lsof – /data/pg_xlog (deleted)  201 326 592
lsof – /data/global     2 965 504

It is clear that the server processes are keeping most of the files from being
actually deleted.