Surprised to see this isn't offered as a Foreign Data Wrapper- one to other
Postgres servers. I was attempting to replace some uses I have of dbilink, and
found a couple places where I am using it to connect to Postgres. One is for
pseudo "Autonomous Transactions"- a db link to the same postgres server with
autocommit turned on. Another is to a different database server, simply for
separation of concerns, load distribution, etc, where data is rarely but
sometimes needed from the originating server.

Has there been any talk of providing a Postgres FDW? What are your thoughts?

~Dave Greco