On 08/08/2012 03:45 AM, Merlin Moncure wrote:

Given that you can do that, if you had the ability to emit json from
an hstore the OP's problem would be trivially handled.

That's where my thinking went at first too, but there's a wrinkle with that: json represents the number 1 and the string "1" differently. hstore doesn't. The input data would need to be JSON-escaped before being added to hstore to preserve that difference - so at minimum some kind of scalar json_escape(...) function is still needed.

I was also trying to avoid the need to use *two* extensions for the job.

--
Craig Ringer