V9.1.5 on linux

User "select" created (yup, that's right, they want the user name to be
"select".  Guess what ptivs it is to have! Don't kill the messanger :-) )

postgres=# grant select on all tables in schema sde to "select";
ERROR:  schema "sde" does not exist
postgres=# \l
                              List of databases
   Name    |  Owner  | Encoding | Collate |    Ctype    |  Access privileges
-----------+---------+----------+---------+-------------+---------------------
postgres  | pgdbadm | UTF8     | C       | en_US.UTF-8 |
sde       | pgdbadm | UTF8     | C       | en_US.UTF-8 |
template0 | pgdbadm | UTF8     | C       | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/pgdbadm         +
           |         |          |         |             | pgdbadm=CTc/pgdbadm
template1 | pgdbadm | UTF8     | C       | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/pgdbadm         +
           |         |          |         |             | pgdbadm=CTc/pgdbadm
(4 rows)

postgres=# \du
                             List of roles
Role name |                   Attributes                   | Member of
insert    |                                                | {}
pgdbadm   | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication | {}
select    |                                                | {}

Bottom line is that I want this "select" user to be able to query all tables
yet to be created in the DB without having to issue grant statments after table
craation.  But just select, no more.

Thanks in Advance !