Abhinav Dwivedi wrote on 22.04.2013 07:12:
select * from district where statecode in (Select districtcode from state)

Please note that the attribute districtcode is not existent in the table state
and
if this query i.e. Select districtcode from state is executed in isolation then
it
correctly throws an error message. But when this incorrect query is made inner
query
of a nested query then the whole query wrongly returns a dataset.

I assume the column districtcode is present in the table district. In that case
this is not a bug,
this is required by the SQL standard. The sub-query references the column from
the outer query.

And I don't think this has been changed with 9.x (nor will it ever).