Hi Rafal

This function returns the position where the substring is found, so you could
do a query with clause position(table1.field in table2.field)

The 0 result is not found and maybe, in your case, is faster the use of
internal text functions instead of like comparison... hope helps.

Bye

El 23/04/2013, a las 11:24, Rafał Pietrak <ra...@zorro.isa-geek.com> escribió:

> W dniu 04/22/2013 08:43 PM, Alfonso Afonso pisze:
>> I forgot to say that the function is "position ( txtseach in txtcomplete)" :)
>>
>> Bye
>

> Alfonso, thenx
>
> But if I may: How can I use that function? In a context of my problem?
>
> then again. At the edge of desperation, I'm thinking of writing a function,
> that will fetch all the KEYWORDS in one query, then cook explicit WHERE
> clause by string operations, and then EXECUTE it. With (currently) four
> keywords, I'd expect such function to return results within 5 seconds at most.
>
> but I'd expect that there should be a way to "tell this" to postgresql SQL
> directly. Isn't it?
>

> -R

Alfonso Afonso
(personal)