Le 2013-04-23 à 15:08, François Beausoleil a écrit :

> I used omnipitr to launch a base backup, but I fumbled a couple of things, so
> I Ctrl+C'd *once* the console where I had omnipitr-backup-master running.
> omnipitr-backup-master correctly launched pg_stop_backup, but pg_stop_backup
> has been active for 2h10 minutes, as reported by pg_stat_activity.
>
> According to the docs, pg_stop_backup wants to archive all xlogs before
> returning, but xlogs aren't being added to the backup directory.
>
> What could be preventing pg_stop_backup from returning?

For reference, pg_stop_backup() doesn't seem to hold much locks:

> select * from pg_locks where pid = 14301;
  locktype  | database | relation | page | tuple | virtualxid | transactionid |
classid | objid | objsubid | virtualtransaction |  pid  |     mode      |
granted
 virtualxid |          |          |      |       | 32/6558    |               |
        |       |          | 32/6558            | 14301 | ExclusiveLock | t

Bye,
François