It's my first time using PostgreSQL and I need to do basic things as
establishing a new user,create a new database,access psql command line client
etc.

I tried : su - postgres to access the server but I don't have a valid
password,I don't know if the server is requesting the postgres system account
password,or the database one.

I installed PGSQL that come with Oracle Linux 6.4 and don't know what is the
PGSQL default configuration.

Basically,I start the server with: /etc/init.d/postgresql start ,and I am stuck
about what to do next,and with permissions,authentications etc.

Note: I changed in pg_hba.conf authorizations (ident to trust) but still no
access to a workable PGSQL
account.