Hi David, and thanks for the response!

Like you, I think I have already come to the conclusion that to do what I
want (to limit view modifications to a single row) will require a more
detailed function. And my choice of invalid was definitely incorrect.
Thanks for pointing that out. A better term would be restrict? What I am
trying to do is allow modifications through the view where a person entity
can be removed as an employee but remain in the person table, and a person
can change departments/companies. But I only want to act on a single person
at a time so the multi-faceted function appears to be the only solution.
But I still have a question in that I'd like to know if I can pass the
WHERE clause to the function so it can examine the query? Or will I have to
test for the potential of acting on more than one row?

Anyhow, like I said, time to show my ignorance. But it is a learning
experience and ignorance is just a lack of knowledge. Failure to try to
obtain missing knowledge is an entirely different thing altogether...

Regards,
Melvin