On 6/30/2013 12:46 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
We use Postgres for shared hosting; i.e. what most people use MySQL for.
The biggest headache for us so far has been that we're unable to get
group permissions set up effectively so that different groups of
customers, admins, apaches, etc. can access/modify the data they need,
without manual intervention from someone with root and a relatively deep
knowledge of the permissions system.

90% of shared hosting is one user one database, right?

    CREATE USER username PASSWORD 'somepassword';
    CREATE DATABASE username OWNER username;

done.