Hello:

Thank you all for kindly replying my question.

I read the documentation about pg_basebackup.

The description says:

The server must also be configured with max_wal_senders set high enough to
leave at least one session available for the backup.

Dose it mean:

If I am building a one master  -- one slave environment, I need the
max_wal_sender to be at least 2.

But I think pg_basebackup just use the one sender process  temporarily, Is
that right?

Best Regards