The query is also problematic here, because it returns the full json, and
not only the data I selected in the json.
Below, it should return only '_id', and not the whole json stored in event:

test3=> select max(event->>'_id') from events where event is not null;
                      max
 {"_id":"5f93c3a044650105b5074c9a","type":"t2"}

Thanks

raph

Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org