2013/11/18 Andreas Brandl <m...@3.141592654.de> wrote:
> What is your use-case?

It's geospatial data from OpenStreetMap stored in a schema optimized for
PostGIS extension (produced by osm2pgsql).

BTW: Having said (to Martijn) that using Postgres is probably more
efficient, than programming an in-memory database in a decent language:
OpenStreetMap has a very, very large Node table which is heavily used by
other tables (like ways) - and becomes rather slow in Postgres. Since it's
of fixed length I'm looking at file_fixed_length_record_fdw extension
[1][2] (which is in-memory) to get the best of both worlds.

--Stefan

[1]
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers#file_fixed_length_record_fdw
[2] https://github.com/adunstan/file_fixed_length_record_fdw