- autovacuum is not off in the pre-snapshot (production) database. It
auto-runs every 2 weeks to avoid transaction ID wraparound.
- I tried modifying pgdump to have a more relaxed transaction isolation
(READ UNCOMMITTED) instead of the default (serializable) but this didn't
help.
thanks for the info.