On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> PostgreSQL supports synchronous multi-master, MongoDB supports write
>>> concern, but this causes a performance penalty).
>>
>> Anyways I doubt that "PostgreSQL supports synchronous multi-master"
>>
> Postgres core taken as such does not support multi-master. The fork of
> PostgreSQL called Postgres-XC somewhat does, for OLTP applications.

I know about PostgresXC, but I thought it is distributed database (similar
to shards of mongoDB). [Though if I am correct there could be tables which
are shared across different nodes, but that is not the best way of
utilizing features of PostgresXC] I think it is not apt to call it
"synchronous" (since there is no replication happening).

Best Regards,
*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore
069533
M : *+65 8110 0350* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

[image: email patch]

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

<<image002.jpg>>