On 1/28/2014 12:11 PM, Merlin Göttlinger wrote:
I don't know if this is just a beginner problem but at least in my opinion it is rather complicated to use the postgres specific types and features from JDBC and its wrappers.

these issues are entirely created by the wrappers you're using. like most such, they are undoubtedly designed for a lowest common denominator, and won't have support for database implementation specific data types, just common stuff like strings, numbers.