On 05/08/2014 07:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> writes:
On 05/08/2014 07:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
9.3 patch is here:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=fc58c39d468587467c7c55b349c28167794eadaf

Alright, so I obviously linked to the wrong patch because I pointed at
HEAD and not REL9_3_STABLE.

I think those patches are the same, actually, but I was trying to be
careful.

What I am trying to figure out is what is
the distinction between commit and commitdiff?

The "commitdiff" link shows you the actual diffs in the patch, the other
one doesn't.

Got it, saves opening the diff for each file.

In practice, Leif's going to want to hit the "patch" link anyway to get a
clean downloadable patch; so likely what we should have pointed him at is
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=fc58c39d468587467c7c55b349c28167794eadaf
I'm just in the habit of looking at the "commitdiff" versions of the web
pages as being the best readability/information tradeoff for casual
examination of a patch.

Thanks for the explanation.

                        regards, tom lane

--