Bill, thanks for your reply.

"shared_buffers" is set to "128MB".

Now that you mention config file, the only thing I did change there, and
was suggested to me while I made some on my databases was
"max_locks_per_transaction = 50000" (which has default value 10000).

After resetting "max_locks_per_transaction" to default value and restarting
the server, memory occupied in working set reduced linearly to around 200
MB.

I guess this is it.