On 08/29/2014 09:50 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014, David G Johnston wrote:

You want to use window clause/function.

David,

   I read about this, but did not absorb everything.

Add the following to the first query, in the select-list:
Sum(count(*)) over (partition by stream, sampdate) as stream_date_total
You function counts can then be divided into this.
The count(*) is because of the outer group by
The sum(...) is the window function

   So this is a way of combinging aggregates; I tried something like the
above but postfix did not like my syntax; it was not using partitions.

I am going to assume you mean Postgres did not like the syntax.

What was the error message you got back?

You could also just put both your queries into a with/cte (2 items)
and do a
normal inner join...

Or

Select ... From (first query) fq join (second query) sq on (...)

   Both of which need more study on my part. I read about CTEs and did not
then see how to apply them to my needs.

Many thanks,

Rich

--