On 09/22/2014 07:24 AM, Anthony Burden wrote:
validate some software with you to
ensure that all our installed PostgreSQL software meets SHA-256 compliance.
There is basically two things we are looking for:

1) Identify all COTS software purchased as part of scheduled and budgeted
technology refreshes and upgrades must be SHA-256 compliant.

2) All DOD information systems that have been upgraded or are upgrading to
support SHA-256 compliance must continue to maintain backwards compatibility
with DOD's current SHA-1 credentials.

All the software we are using are:
PostgreSQL 8.2  8.2

First the oldest supported release is 9.0, currently at 9.0.18

Can you confirm that your software is SHA-256 Compliant?

Second what does the above mean?

I found this:

http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/ops/docs/Public%20Briefing%20-%20DoD%20SHA-256%20Migration%2018%20Mar%202011.pdf

but my eyes quickly glazed over:) So a synopsis would be helpful.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com