On 12/10/2014 09:25 AM, Gabriel Sánchez Martínez wrote:

On 12/10/2014 11:49 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 12/10/2014 08:31 AM, Gabriel Sánchez Martínez wrote:

On 12/10/2014 11:16 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 12/10/2014 08:07 AM, Gabriel Sánchez Martínez wrote:
Hi all,

I am running PostgreSQL 9.3.5 on Ubuntu Server 14.04 64 bit with 64 GB
of RAM.  When running pg_dump on a specific table, I get the following
error:

pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "x_20131111" failed:
PQgetResult() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc
request
size 18446744073709551613
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.x_20131111 (...) TO stdout;
pg_dump: [parallel archiver] a worker process died unexpectedly

If I run a COPY TO file from psql I get the same error.

Is this an indication of corrupted data?  What steps should I take?

What is the data that is being dumped, for example is there binary
data in there?

The data types are bigserial, integer, and character varying.

How did the database get to this machine?

Was it created from scratch or did it come from somewhere else?

The database was created from a pg_dump backup using pg_restore. The
table has not changed since the backup date, so I could try re-creating
it the same way, but that doesn't solve the mystery.

So where did the data get dumped from?

An instance of the same version of Postgres or something different?

Which version(s) of pg_dump/pg_restore where used?

Also how did the Postgres server get installed?

apt-get install

Install from what repo?

What was the exact package installed?

Was there another instance of Postgres already(or currently) installed on this machine?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

--
Adrian Klaver