We had two servers set up with streaming replication. I believe when we did
a full vacuum analyze to the database on the master, it caused the slave to
not be able to catch up (wal_keep_segments = 32, but still not enough and
had archive off). I am trying to re-set up the slave to streaming
replication. Below are the steps I took (attempted a couple times now).
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? The service is unable to
start after I copy and paste the files over.

   - Uninstalled and re-installed postgres on slave and master (v9.1.10)
   - Stopped slave postgres service and added files and settings for
   streaming replication to the slave (postgresql.cof, recovery.conf - which
   all worked in the past set up)
   - Loaded the master with a pg_dumpall backup file.
   - Stopped the master postgres service.
   - Copied the data directory from master to slave minus pg_xlog folder,
   postgresql.conf and postgresql.pid files using rsync
   - Attempted to start postgres on the slave and it is unable to start
      - Postgres log:
         - CDT LOG: entering standby mode
         - CDT FATAL: the database is starting up (multiple times)
         - CDT FATAL: could not connect to the primary server... (assume
         this is ok because master has not been started yet)
         - Event Viewer, Administrative Events
         - Timed out waiting for server start up

Any help, thoughts, comments, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Dara