OK, I figured out this part and came up with:

SELECT
    row.snt_code AS "snt_code",
    row.vdc AS "vdc",
    row.uuid AS "uuid",
    row_to_json(row, true)::json AS "json"
FROM (
    SELECT
        vm.*,
        array_agg(vi),
        CONCAT('https://mysite.mydomain.tld/v3/customer/', vm.snt_code,
'/vdc/', vm.vdc, '/vm/', vm.uuid) AS "self",
        'cc.v3.vm' AS "type"
    FROM virtual_machines vm
    LEFT JOIN virtual_interfaces vi ON vm.vmid=vi.vmid
    GROUP BY vm.snt_code, vm.vdc, vm.vmid, vm.uuid, vm.name, vm.os,
vm.service_type, vm.template_name
) row;

Now, the next step is that "virtual_interfaces" and "virtual_machines" are
actually views I defined. I would like to break those out into joined
tables and still aggregate the data into an array. The problem I am having
is that I cannot put the results of multiple tables into a single
array_add() call. How can I aggregate multiple joined tables into a single
array?

Thanks again for the help!!

Deven