On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Ingmar Brouns <swi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, when I dump the schema using pg_dump, and then load the
> resulting sql file, suddenly 'c' does follow 'a'. So restoring my
> schema has changed my table's layout. I feel dumping and loading
> should not alter column positions. Any thoughts?

​Any or all of the following:​

1) Help the community implement the outstanding concepts surrounding the
separation and recording of separate data for physical and logical column
order.
2) Suggest, and/or implement, ways that the current behavior could be more
readily discovered and comprehended by users without having to discover it
by accident.
3) Understand the problem and mitigate its impact in your specific work.

David J.

​