Right, I was just mentioning the existence of that built-in data in case it
was of use to the OP. But I should have also mentioned some caveats in case
it is important to his use-case:

1. Full names are not as standardized as one might like so there are
multiple possible full names for a time zone, i.e.
"America/Los_Angeles", "posix/America/Los_Angeles",
"posix/US/Pacific", "PST8PDT", ...

2. Unlike full names, abbreviations do *not* distinctly identify a single
time zone. CST is the short name for US Central Standard Time, Cuba, ROC
and PRC among others.

3. pg_timezone_names is a *view* and the results for abbreviation and
offset change depending on time of year. Right now it's winter on the US
West Coast so the abbreviation for "posix/US/Pacific" is PST and I will get
results searching for abbreviations matching "PST" but none for "PDT". Come
spring, that will change.

Cheers,
Steve