Converting databases is a nightmare. IMPORT SCHEMA almost makes it easy.

Almost.

I'm converting a MySQL database to a Postgres database by doing a bunch of
CREATE TABLE… AS SELECT * FROM, but the tinyints are coming across as tinyints.

Seems like there ought to be an option somewhere to have them behave like
Booleans but I can't see it.

Also, I would like to be able to execute raw MySQL-style SQL over the fdw
connection, but I don't see an option to do that. I'd also like to be able to
query from the information schema on the MySQL side, but I don't see how to
schema-qualify the scopes. I guess I could separately do IMPORT SCHEMA against
the MySQL info schema.

This facility is close to making a robust database conversion script a fairly
simple thing to write…