On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Marc Mamin <m.ma...@intershop.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I didn't check the whole thread so forgive me if this was already proposed,
> but maybe you could do something like:
>
> create temp table result2 (...)
>
> query_1:
> WITH cte as (select ..),
> tmp as ( INSERT INTO result2 select ...  from cte),
> SELECT ... from cte;
>
> query_2:
> select * from result2;

​It was, more or less.  I'm not sure you buy much using an updating CTE in
lieu of a dedicated statement populating the temporary table.  It seems a
bit more confusing to comprehend and the performance benefit has to be
marginal given we expect to only insert a single row into the temp table.

David J.
​