På fredag 19. februar 2016 kl. 12:41:49, skrev Daniel Westermann <
daniel.westerm...@dbi-services.com <mailto:daniel.westerm...@dbi-services.com>>:
>>Daniel Westermann schrieb am 19.02.2016 um 11:53:
>>> if I'd need to implement/replace Oracle Text
(ww.oracle.com/technetwork/testcontent/index-098492.html).

 >Postgres also has a full text search (which I find much easier to use than
Oracle's):

 >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/textsearch.html

 Yes, i have seen this. Can this be used to index and search binary documents,
e.g. pdf ?

What we do is extract plain-text from PFD/Word etc. clientside in the
application, and then index that in the database.
Works very well.

-- Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS
Mobile: +47 909 56 963