Hello,

I am trying to figure out the correct way to design the database table to
support the following situation.

To start, I have an Excel spreadsheet that maps particular combinations of
Goal and Size to an Outcome.  Goal choices are "Long", "Average", and
"Short".  Size choices are "Big", "Medium", and "Small".  The designated
Outcome for each goal/size combination are number values between 12 and
20.  Please refer to attachment "goalSizeExcel.pdf" for the Excel
spreadsheet version.

In order to use this data in the database, I converted it to an SQL table
with attributes "Goal", "Size", and "OUTCOME".  "Goal" and "Size" serve as
composite primary keys.  Please refer to attachment "TableFinal.pdf" for
the illustration.

Please refer to "UserOutcome.jpg" for the ER diagram.  The user inputs his
name, goal, and size.  Based on his goal and size combination, he is
assigned a particular "outcome".

I am not exactly sure if my attached ER diagram is the correct way to model
this.  I don't want to add a UserId [FK] to table Final because table Final
is supposed to serve as a lookup or reference table (I am not sure of the
correct terminology).

Please advise if I am on the right track or if I should follow a different
design.  I intend to have a few other lookup/reference tables that will
serve a similar purpose.

Thank you!
Aaron