On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 5:20 PM, CS DBA <cs_...@consistentstate.com> wrote:

> On 03/22/2016 03:18 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:
>

>> On 03/22/2016 03:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>>> On 03/22/2016 01:50 PM, CS DBA wrote:
>>>
>>> Understood, was just wondering if there is a way to cause the child
>>>>

>>> Insert into the child table directly based on the partition rules.
>>>
>>> JD
>>>

>>> I would think the ORM (as yet undefined) would want to think in terms of
>> the parent table and not know about the physical schema details.
>> Can  the client not be written to check only for errors vs checking for
>> non-zero inserts?
>>

>> That was our first suggestion, they don;t want to make any app changes
>

> --

I highly suspect this is a problem with trigger function design, constraint
conflict or a bad insert statement, but since no details have been
provided, it cannot be resolved.
IOW, all they said was "It don't work", but they have not provided proof.

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you