> >> Define "executes".  You could shove those lines in via the wire
> >> protocol, sure, but SPI won't take them.
>
> > Now you really have me puzzled. What I provided is an extract from the
> > log of generated SQL commands sent to the SPI interface. [Obviously
> > there also values bound to the parameters which do not show up here.]
>
> > The code executes without error and produces exactly the output I
expected.

> Are you remembering to check the result code from SPI_execute_whatever?

Of course. Every SPI call is checked and any unexpected error is trapped,
resulting eventually in a call to elog(ERROR).

The sequence I provided is a CREATE TABLE followed by an INSERT. The table
is successfully created with the correct contents.

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org