On 06/01/2016 10:04 PM, Patrick Baker wrote:

    I maybe be missing it, but I see no LIMIT in the function.

    I do see OFFSET and it looks backwards to me?:

    || $1 ||' offset '||

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-select.html

    LIMIT Clause

    The LIMIT clause consists of two independent sub-clauses:

    LIMIT { count | ALL }
    OFFSET start

    Also I not sure what offset_num is supposed to do, it is declared
    but not used?

Yep.. it's declared but it's not used..

Hmm.. interesting that about the LIMIT clause
However.. I had to changed the function...

Here is the new one:

        CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION function_data_1(rows integer)

        RETURNS INTEGER AS $$

        declare

          completed integer;

          offset_num integer;

          crtRow record;

        BEGIN

          offset_num = 0;

        INSERT INTO table2_y_b (note_id, size, file_id, full_path)

            (

                    SELECT

                            t1.note_id,

                            t1.size,

                            t1.file_id,

                            t1.full_path

                    FROM

                            table1_n_b t1

                    JOIN

                            table3_n_b t3 ON t3.file_id = t1.file_id

            );

        UPDATE table2_y_b t2 SET segment_data =

            (

                    SELECT

                            o1.data

                    FROM

                            original_table1_b o1

                    JOIN

                            table3_n_b t3 ON t3.file_id = o1.file_id

                    WHERE

                            t2.migrated = 0

                    AND

                            t2.file_id = o1.file_id

            );

        UPDATE table2_y_b SET migrated = 1 WHERE file_id =
        crtRow.file_id AND migrated = 0;

        UPDATE original_table1_b SET data = NULL WHERE file_id =
        crtRow.file_id;

        END

$$ language 'plpgsql';

It's all working, except the LIMIT...  if possible can you please give
me an example of that LIMIT in some of those queries?

I do not what you are trying to LIMIT/OFFSET, so I have no idea where to place the LIMIT/OFFSET.

Maybe an example query showing what you are trying to do will help?

Thanks

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com