On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Prashanth Adiyodi <prashan...@celltick.com
> wrote:

> 1.- You have a backup with a series of tables which get inserted WITH a
> timestamp.
> Adi-The series of tables may or may not have timestamp

​Then I think you cannot do what you want using only built-in PostgreSQL
capabilities.  Meta data
​about when a record was inserted and/or delete is not kept by the system.

I'm not familiar with the capabilities of logical replication so that may
provide an answer I am unaware of.

Otherwise the only thing that comes to mind is to stream WAL to an
intermediate server and then every so often (once a day) release to the
other server all WAL that accumulated during the previous period.

None of \copy, COPY (SQL), or pg_dump will get you what you want - the
persisted data doesn't contain the information you desired.

Alternatively, once a week (give or take) you could perform a base backup
of the DB.  Stream all archive files somewhere and each day perform a
"point in time" recovery.

David J.